Friday 23 April 2010

Evaluation Part 6 - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?




Well considering I hadn't used iMovie properly before, nor a video camera, I would say that I have learnt quite a lot. Using the initial Sony Handycam was my first step, and learning to use the various functions of the camera and the tripod to shoot some of the shots featured in my film. I have about how to film and how to perform certain shots, and be more creative when it comes to filming and photography.
The whole filmmaking experience has been a great lesson into the proper function of video cameras, and I have learnt a lot whilst using them. Whilst filming with the cameras, I learnt a number of techniques of how to use them in certain ways to achieve particular shot types.
Editing was another feature I learned in detail about, and how to cut, change affects, and produce my film to my exact expectations. I found using iMovie was quite simple and became very easy after several weeks of use. By having my audience research and preliminary task to practice on before hand, it gave me valuable experience when it came to editing my final project.
I used a number of transitions, my favorite being the cross fade and fade to black which I used repeatedly in my film as I believe they have more characteristics to the film, and again heightened emotions.
I have learnt about the many rules of media, and how to apply mise en scene to improve the quality of a film. As well as being able to apply this to my work, to give a better feel to the scene and heighten emotions within, I have also found myself looking at films I watch in a different way, focusing more on the things that a normal viewer would miss, and encapulisipg the way they have produced the feelings they have wanted to include.

I've had great fun whilst filming, and find it thoroughly enjoyable to experience some kinesthetic learning amongst all the hard written work of my other subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment